Meet William Bailey
William is 55 years old and has been married to his wife Karen for over 34 years and has two children, Anne Marie and Christopher.
William worked for the North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Department for 20 years, and 4 of those years he served as Public Safety Director. He was responsible for a department of 130 sworn officers in all aspects of public safety as part of a 170-member department with a $13 million budget in a town of 13,000 citizens. He was also responsible for daily operations for Patrol, Traffic, Detective, K9, Beach, Communications, Detention, Records and Fire Rescue areas.
read more below…
- Coordinate up to 400 officers in handling a variety of large annual events during peak tourist season and a population expansion to over 350,000.
- Rated as “Employee of the month” by city in 1992, 1994, 1998 and 2001, as well as “Police Officer of the Year” by the VFW in 1994.
- Received the “Director’s Professional Service Award” in 1999, the “Public Safety Award” from the North Strand Optimist Club in 1992.
- Recognized for “Outstanding Contribution to the field of Law Enforcement” by the Solicitor’s Office in 1993 and for “Outstanding Service” by the State House of Representatives in 1995.
- Regularly promoted through levels of increasing responsibility, including Sergeant, Corporal and Patrolman.
Served on Task Force for South Carolina Supreme Court on the elderly and probate reform.
MA Degree in Management
Coastal Carolina University
BA Degree in Business
Horry-Georgetown Technical College
Associates Degree in Public Service Technology emphasis on Criminal Justice
FBI National Academy Quantico, VA 2003
Certificate for completing a three-month program in different topics in law enforcement.
South Carolina Law Enforcement Association, South Carolina Fire Fighters Association, FBI National Academy Associates, Eastern Robbery Association, FBI & South Carolina Negotiator Association, Horry County Airport Advisory Committee Member
Volunteer Coach (Little League/Soccer), Volunteer Fundraising/ Athletic Booster Club